MBLAQ - Y

>> Saturday, June 12, 2010

Y is MBLAQ's second single. It was released on 17 May, 2010.



Tracklist:
01. 4 Ya' Stereo - Intro (Feat.Taewan a.k.a C-Luv)
02. Y
03. One Better Day
04. What U Want
05. Last Luv
*The tracks in blue are my favs of this release.





☆★☆

MBLAQ's second single opens up with 4 Ya' Stereo - Intro (Feat. Taewan a.k.a C-Luv). It's an upbeat intro that has a sexy vibe. I really liked the beats and the bass and also the synths that are in the background. Most of their singing was heavily autotuned, but I think it fitted with the song.

I really liked how the intro fits with Y, the title track of this single. Again, their voices are autotuned for the most parts, but it fits here too. Y also has those agressive beats like the first track and the whole song also has a sexy feel. The 'beeping' synths in the back kinda reminded me of those in 2PM's Again & Again, but it was a good add. I think Rain also made a small appearance since the person who sings the 'it's over' parts at the end really sound like him.

One Better Day really has an uplifting feel. I really liked how the song was very upbeat, but still managed to have a calm vibe by adding the pretty piano in some parts and the uplifting strings. This really is a song I would imagine myself listening to on rainy days.

What U Want is quite different and probably the most unique MBLAQ song till now. It has more 'band instruments' like a guitar, a piano and drums. Because of this, the song is more jazzy and I think it was a really nice combination with their voices. I especially liked the chorus, because the 'tell me what u want' parts were really addictive.

Their second ballad, Last Luv, since My Dream from the JUST BLAQ single is really pretty. I really liked the instrumental and the chorusses were also really pretty. I really like the instrumentals because it also has a bit of that jazzy feel (not much though) like What U Want. I especially liked the guitar, piano and drums. There are also some strings added. Their vocals quite impressed me too.

MBLAQ really impressed me with this single, every song on here was really good. Especially What U Want. I hope they'll make more of those songs in the future. 

☆★☆


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP