f(x) - NU 예삐오 (NU ABO)

>> Saturday, May 22, 2010


Tracklist:
1. NU 예삐오 (NU ABO)
2. Mr. Boogie
3. 아이스크림 (Ice Cream)
4. ME+U
5. Surprise Party
6. Sorry (Dear. Daddy)

Release date: May 4, 2010

The cover is kinda cool, but I wonder which one of the girls it is on the cover? =O

☆★☆

When I first heard NU 예삐오 (NU ABO), I was really suprised. I found myself really enjoying this song. I especially liked the addictive synths in the background and beat the song had. Especially the 'nanananananananana' parts had me hooked! xD I was also suprised with f(x)'s singing/rapping, it was really good. Especially the bridge was amazing with the high notes song by Luna. I could've done without the 'audience' cheering in the back though.

Fans of f(x) (including me) have really waited for Mr. Boogie to become included on an album/single after hearing a live recording of it and I must say I wasn't disappointed. The song has a really addictive chorus and I especially liked the arrangement. It gives a really cool and mysterious vibe to the song. The only con I have is that it's so short! 

아이스크림 (Ice Cream) also has some addictive synths and awesome beat, just like NU 예삐오 (NU ABO) and Mr. Boogie. The chorus are extremely addictive and the whole song is really cute. I just love the 'make a shake, make a shake, ice cream, ice cream' parts, they're so catchy!

And again, another song that is extremely catchy. I especially like ME+U because of the instrumentation. ME+U has, just like the other songs till now, again those addictive synths that make this song have a funky and fun atmosphere. I must say that at the beginning I disliked this song, because of the very high pitched vocals f(x) uses, but when I got used to it, I thought that it helped to give the song the funky/fun atmosphere it has and now it's one of my favs of this mini-album.

After the 4 really upbeat tracks we got, we get something more laid-back. Surprise Party is another song that has something catchy about it and I thought the instrumentation was really cute and pretty. Overall it just doesn't have anything striking and it's just nothing special, just generic.

And after the laid-back Surprise Party, we get something even more slower now. Sorry (Dear. Daddy) is more of a ballad with it's slow beats and calm piano in the back. I thought the instrumentation was very pretty. Besides the piano, we also get some synths in the chorus and bridge. The chorus was definitely the strongest part of this song imo, it has a really nice melody. I also liked the verses where f(x) sings with more lower pitched vocals.

f(x) really has bring some good stuff here and this def their best release yet. Every song, especially the upbeat ones, is catchy. It's like they're getting better with every release and I already can't wait for their next release!

☆★☆

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP