Davichi - Innocence

>> Monday, May 24, 2010

Innocence is Davichi's (다비치) 2nd mini-album. It was released on May 10, 2010.


Tracklist:
01. 시간아 멈춰라
02. 첫키스
03. 떠나지마 (Feat. 백찬)
04. 사랑을 못해 이별을 못해
05. Shadow
*The tracks in blue are my favs of this release.

☆★☆

시간아 멈춰라 kinda reminds me of Hot Stuff (a song they sang for a drama OST). It follows the same structure where the verses are calm and the choruses suddenly 'burst out' with a more rockish feeling. After a couple of listens I really grew to this song, because of the addictive choruses and pretty verses. Davichi's vocals are, as usual, excellent too. The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the ending. I think a 'real' ending would've fitted more because this 'fade-out' ending left me wanting for more.

The next track is undoubtly my fav song of this mini-album. 첫키스 has a really nice beat with a nice piano melody playing along with it. I especially liked the 'summery-but-sad' atmosphere the song has. Again, the chorus is pretty addictive with the little english parts and soothing melody they sing. Also, Davichi's manages to capture the feeling of this feeling perfectly by keeping their vocals calm. It's definitely one of the best song by them yet.

Both 떠나지마 (Feat. 백찬) and 사랑을 못해 이별을 못해 are really generic. I didn't notice anything special about it, except that the instrumental are 'pretty'. 사랑을 못해 이별을 못해 is probably the most calm song on here, as it's more a ballad. I thought both of these were pretty boring and not really worth to listen. 

Atleast we get a more upbeat song now, after those 2 generic song. Shadow is a really fun song and it's really catchy. I especially liked the choruses and they kinda reminded me of that 'one night only' song when they sing 'one night shadow'. I also really liked the fun parts just before the shadow where they sing oh, what you gonna do?. The fun of this song is what makes it my 2nd fav on this release.

This mini-album is pretty okay, it isn't as good as their previous releases because of track 3 and 4, I could've done without those. But track 1 and especially track 2 and 5 are definitely worth a listen and good in their own way. 

☆★☆ 

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP