Discovery: Eri Nobuchika

>> Monday, September 13, 2010

Eri Nobuchika (信近エリ)


Genre:
Most of her songs have a dance/house/electronic influenced feel to them because of the heavy beats, but she also has jazzy songs, more pop-ish songs and some ballads too.

Label:
- 2004-2009: Sony Music Associated Records
- 2009-....: Hills Records

☆★☆

Discography (in chronological order, vinyls and dvd singles not included):
- [S] [2004.12.08] Lights
- [S] [2005.04.06] Voice
- [S] [2005.06.29] Sketch for Summer
- [S] [2005.12.07] Kodou (鼓動)
- [A] [2005.12.21] nobuchikaeri
- [A] [2006.05.10] nobuchikaeri.rx
- [M] [2009.06.03] hands
* [A] = Album; [M] = Mini-Album; [S] = Single
Releases in red are my recommedations!


☆★☆

Best single?
I would say Lights, it is one of the strongest debut singles I've ever heard. Not only the a-side is amazing, but also the b-side + it has an awesome acoustic version of Lights!

Best album?
Not really hard, because she only has one real album which is nobuchikaeri. But gawd, what an amazing album it is! I really recommend this album to everyone, 'cause it's basically perfect.

Best song?
Voice! I can't stop listening to that song, it's a great addictive track which combines spanish claps and guitars with heavy beats. Her voice is also outstanding in this song.

Other tracks i recommend:
Lights, Sketch for Summer, Yume no Kakera & Inner Glow

☆★☆

I hope this post helped you and that you got some interest for Eri Nobuchika! It's a shame she isn't really active nowadays though. =[ I hope she'll release something soon again!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  14 September, 2010 03:49  

I absolutely love Eri! I'm glad to see you post a discovery on her! She is really is amazing, I wish she was releasing more material as well! I wish she was collaborating with Osawa Shinichi because he produced great music for her!

If you need more recommendation check out Luminosity on Wordpress, they have a ton of underrated Korean artists. If you want some underrated Japanese artist, you know where to find me! ;)

I also have added you on my blog roll!

Anonymous,  14 September, 2010 13:51  

I remember listening to the album a few years ago and being very impressed. It sucks that she's not active. Her mini-album wasn't that good so hopefully when she does make another album she works with Shinichi Osawa again.

Also, would you like to exchange links?
buttons: http://chaoticdusk.wordpress.com/link-exchange

seventheaven 14 September, 2010 20:09  

@KremlinChaos ikr! i hope she will too! ^^ and I would love to exchange links =D Will add you to my affiliates! Thnx ^^ Oh, you can look for buttons to add to your site add the 'about' page ^^

Anonymous,  15 September, 2010 01:19  

Thanks! I've already added your button to my affiliates :).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP