alan - Diamond / Over the clouds

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010


Tracklist:
1. Diamond | 2. Over the clouds | 3. Diamond (Instrumental) | 4. Over the clouds (Instrumental)

Release date: February 3, 2010

☆★☆

Despite all the critism on Diamond, I really enjoy listening to this song. The song starts kinda calm, but that all changes after about 1,5 minutes as the song turns into a more upbeat song while they start singing 'la la la' in the back. Although it becomes more upbeat, the song still manages to have a calm feeling to it. I thought the arrangement off this song was especially pretty and there's a nice guitar solo in the instrumental break. The song is almost 5 minutes long, but I didn't really notice it, because it was easy to listen to (atleast, for me).

The second song on the single is Over the Clouds. With the title I was expecting a really slow or calm song, but this song is really upbeat, way more upbeat than Diamond. I don't complain though, normally I always like the slower songs, but I like this one more than Diamond. It features heavy beats with strings and synths and Alan's voice is autotuned in the verses which really works well with the vibe of the song.

Although I really enjoyed this single, the reason why I got into Alan was because she did music that had a traditional feeling to it. This single didn't do much to show her vocal abilities and I know she can do much more than this. This was nice for a change, but go back to your old style soon, alan!

☆★☆

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP